Master of Marine Conservation
The Master of Marine Conservation focuses on finding solutions to complex issues that characterise the management and conservation of the marine environment.
The number and size of marine protected areas (MPAs) are increasing in response to intensifying pressures on our oceans and the need to provide more robust guardianship of marine ecosystems. Protected by law, MPAs require skilled scientists and environmental managers from diverse backgrounds to advocate for, design, monitor and protect them.
The MMarineCons is developed and taught in partnership with Conservation International (CI) and provides essential skills for people looking for careers in MPA
research and management, and marine conservation more generally.
If you are already working in this exciting field, or you want make an impact in the marine conservation world, the MMarineCons will give you the opportunity to upskill, improve knowledge, and gain research experience. The programme also provides learning and hands-on experience in policy and strategic management and will benefit graduates from other disciplines wanting to work in this field.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the MMarineCons will have a unique set of technical and practical skills that enable you to be highly competitive in the professional world of marine conservation. Links between policy, management, and pure science are creating new job opportunities in this exciting field of work.
Jobs related to this program
- Marine conservation manager
- Project manager
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Public Health at University of Auckland