Master of Computing - General Track
The Master of Computing (MComp) programme is a flagship graduate programme from the School of Computing at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
Over the years, it has evolved into a comprehensive and challenging graduate programme, with specialised modules that include the latest research findings in both applied and fundamental computing fields. The programme provides advanced and in-depth knowledge of information technology (IT) to prepare our students and graduates for challenges in their IT careers.
The value of computing expertise in the workforce has increased sharply in recent years, fuelling enthusiasm and interest in the field among candidates across all sectors and backgrounds. However, there were few avenues to pursue a postgraduate degree in computing for many individuals without a related degree.
The MComp – General Track, introduced by the School of Computing in January 2021, is designed to provide a systematic pathway for graduates who wish to embark on an accelerated conversion to the computing field, offering opportunities for these candidates to enhance their computing knowledge and reposition themselves in their respective industries as competent IT professionals.
There are two admission pathways: direct admission for the full-time programme and stackable route for part-time admission.
Candidates applying for part-time admission through the stackable route are expected to have initially been enrolled in the Graduate Certificate (GC) in Computing Foundations, which can subsequently be upgraded to the MComp – General Track.
In addition to helping build a strong foundation in computing fundamentals, this programme offers elective modules that cover deep computing expertise to help prepare MComp graduates for future career challenges in the Infocomm sector.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
International students are allowed to work not more than 16 hours per week.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 90 (Internet-based), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum Academic score of 6.0.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) minimum scores of 320 (Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning) and 3.5 (Analytical Writing), or
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) minimum score of 650, or
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) scores for graduates from Indian universities.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10400 SGD
Application Fee: 100 SGD
- MSc in Mathematics (by Coursework) at National University of Singapore
- MSc (Data Science and Machine Learning) at National University of Singapore
- Master of Computing - Artificial Intelligence Specialisation at National University of Singapore
- Master of Computing - Infocomm Security Specialisation at National University of Singapore
- Master of Computing - Computer Science Specialisation at National University of Singapore