Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics PgCert (ICL)
Within conservation science there is increasing recognition of the value of genetic data to support management decisions. However, scientists and managers with the skills and knowledge to apply population genetic theory to conservation practice are lacking. Within this arena, wildlife forensics is an exciting new field that is attracting increasing global attention in the fight against the illegal wildlife trade.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This applied programme should equip students with the knowledge, skills and global networks necessary to use DNA analysis as a tool in wildlife conservation. As a postgraduate degree from one of the world’s leading universities, it will be recognised as a valuable, hard-earned qualification that demonstrates both scientific acumen and an ability to translate research into conservation management practice.
UK announces 2-year post-study work visa
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in biological, biochemical, forensic science or veterinary sciences or a related science discipline.
We may also consider your application if you have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a related scientific area, for example molecular biology research/ forensics laboratory work. You may be admitted to certificate level only in the first instance. Please contact the programme team to check before you apply.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Applied Poultry Science PgCert (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science PgDip (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Medical Image Analysis PgCert (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics PgDip (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Anatomical Sciences PgDip at The University of Edinburgh
- Anatomical Sciences PgCert at The University of Edinburgh