Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Laws
This unique double degree provides a legal education informed by Christian values and an education in theology that is orientated to the professional values and practice of law. The degree focuses on ethical behaviour, social justice, the common good and the law’s interaction with theology.
In addition to the wide range of careers open to graduates of the Bachelor of Laws, completion of this double degree is excellent preparation for careers in:
- work in church agencies and ministries
- social inclusion
- pastoral work
- social work
- journalism and media
- administration and public relations
As part of this degree you complete 80 hours of pro bono work (after your first year), providing you with firsthand experience of the legal system while allowing you to contribute to the common good.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This double degree is designed to produce well-rounded graduates ready for legal practice and a wide range of professional careers in an increasingly global environment.
Graduates can pursue a range of legal careers including: private legal practice as a solicitor or barrister; legal officer in the public sector (for example in federal or state government departments and publicly-funded organisations such as universities or public broadcasters); in-house counsel to a wide range of organisations from corporations to trade unions; public interest legal work in community legal centres; and legal research.
Completing this double degree is also excellent preparation for a career in areas as diverse as teaching, work in church agencies and ministries, chaplaincy, social inclusion, pastoral work, and social work, research, journalism and media, administration and public relations.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
Demonstrated their English proficiency, as set out below:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Overall Score 7.0, Individual Score of 6.5 in all tests.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language - Academic (TOEFL) from an Internet-based total of 94, achieve a minimum of 24 in writing, 20 in speaking and listening, 19 in reading.
- Course Code: 079440A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Philosophy at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Global Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)