Bachelors of Agribusiness / Veterinary Technology
Play a vital role in animal health and welfare by gaining practical business skills, advanced clinical expertise and specialised knowledge in veterinary technology with this hands-on dual program.
This 4-year dual program will develop your business skills and para-veterinary expertise to prepare you for a career in the Australian agribusiness and veterinary technology industries.
You'll learn how to market, finance and manage people and technology, along the agrifood value chain linking producers with consumers. You'll acquire knowledge of the business disciplines including commodity trading, human resource management, finance, supply chain management, sustainability and the e-technologies used to drive efficiency in agriculture.
As a para-veterinary healthcare specialist, you'll be equipped with critical thinking, problem solving and self-directed learning skills, preparing you for supervisory and management roles in a range of animal-related fields.
You'll study animal handling and care, welfare and behaviour, applied and clinical nutrition, mechanisms of animal disease and diagnostic techniques, clinical aspects of small and large animal health, veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics, veterinary surgical and medical nursing principles, and veterinary practice management.
In your first and second years, you'll gain at least 80 hours of practical sessions and off-campus studies of 30 days. In your third year, you'll complete a total of 19 weeks on clinical rotations and placements, where you'll connect with industry professionals and be exposed to workplace practice.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience through industry placements, case studies and fieldwork across both of your programs.
- Embark on your career with the best skill-set available. Join one of Australia's leading agribusiness programs and learn from internationally respected business experts.
- Experience city and rural living at two UQ campuses. You’ll take business courses in the award-winning UQ Business School at Brisbane's St Lucia campus and veterinary technology courses at UQ’s specialist rural Gatton campus.
- Study in some of the best animal and veterinary facilities in the Southern Hemisphere.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Veterinary technician
- Production processing technician
- Veterinary pathologist
- Quality assurance officer
- Biosecurity officer
- Agribusiness analyst
- Export trader
- Farm management consultant
- Commercial manager, grain and commodities
- Veterinary pharmaceutical representative
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 087887C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland