Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Develop a suite of complementary technology, digital media, creative, entrepreneurial, and project management skills, for real career outcomes.
- Learn to merge the creative and imaginative with the technology to develop sophisticated and innovative digital products.
- Complete 2 degrees in 4 years full-time.
- Design your own degree by exploring your creative talents and choosing a creative industries major, as well as studying information technology.
- Specialized options include computer science or information systems.
- Learn through industry partnerships and networking, and interdisciplinary work.
Why choose this course?
Develop a suite of complementary technology, digital media, and creative skills. Learn to merge the creative and imaginative with the technology to develop sophisticated and innovative digital products. Diversify your skillset with a range of information technology and creative industries areas of interest including interactive and visual design, screen content production, and creative writing.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers and outcomes
As a graduate, you can enjoy the more creative side of information technology careers including digital media programmer, simulation designer or developer, games producer or designer, animator, special effects developer, sound designer, mobile entertainment and communications developer, user interface developer, knowledge worker in music and sound, web developer and digital product strategist.
- Branding Specialist
- Campaign Manager
- Communication Strategist
- Computer Game Programmer
- Computer Games Developer
- Creative Entrepreneur
- Creative Writer
- Digital Communication Specialist
- Digital Content Producer
- Drama Teacher
- Entertainment Entrepreneur
- Events and Festivals Coordinator
- Fashion Marketer
- Graphic Designer
- Media Producer
- Media or Communications Adviser
- Multimedia Designer
- Music Agent
- Music Publisher
- Organizational Communication Specialist
- Stage Manager
- Theatre Professionals
- Web Designer
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- General Mathematics, or Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C)
You must have achieved this study at a level comparable to Australian Year 12 or in recognized post-secondary studies.
- Course Code: 059227E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Business at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Public Relations) at Queensland University of Technology