PhD in Food Sciences & Technology
Help resolve food security challenges facing growing populations with PhD in Food Sciences & Technology.
Become a leading scientific researcher in the increasingly important areas of food sustainability and nutrition.
PhD in Food Sciences & Technology program at VU
In your doctoral degree in Food Sciences and Technology, you’ll conduct original research at the forefront of its field. VU’s research in advanced food systems allows you to contribute real advances to the study of food-sustainability and innovative food production. These address the complex nutritional needs of industrialised and developing nations.
Within VU's research focus areas, we work closely with industry to discover scientific and technological solutions to food-related problems. Multidisciplinary food and nutrition research is undertaken in partnership with government, industry, not-for-profit organisations and other universities in Australia and overseas.
Throughout your study, you’ll have the support of leading scientific researchers. You’ll learn to present your findings clearly and effectively in a thesis, and through public presentations and publications.
Located in the fastest growing area of Melbourne, our Werribee Campus is a part of a modern technology precinct. Werribee Campus has specialised facilities for teaching and research, including major research centres for water treatment, food science, biomedical science and fire safety. Our students and researchers make major contributions to the local and international scientific community.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Following your PhD, you’ll be ready for a scientific-research or advisory role. Opportunities exist in government, health care, food-science organisations, and universities.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with thesis;
- admissible bachelor degree Completed with a degree classification (as awarded on degree certificate) of first Division with Distinction (70%).
English Language Requirement
- Achieved an IELTS, (Academic Module) result with an overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6) or equivalent and completed a Masters degree or a relevant four year undergraduate degree with Honours or its equivalent at a high standard.
- Course Code: 084114F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Doctor of Philosophy at Victoria University
- Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Food Sciences & Technology (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Human Movement (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Medical & Biological Science (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Nursing & Midwifery (Integrated) at Victoria University