Master of Economic and Regional Development
This course combines economic analysis with studies in specific community/regional development and will prepare you to work in either urban or rural contexts. It will cater to domestic and international students either already employed in such development or wishing to seek a career in this field.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The economic skills and expertise that UNE’s Master of Economic and Regional Development will add to your existing experience will allow you to advance your career in community and regional development projects with non-government and government organizations. This might include international organizations and aid agencies involved in project planning, management, impact, and policy evaluation.
Opportunities include positions such as:
- policy analyst
- community organizer
- project officer
- project consultant
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree in a non-relevant discipline; or
- (b) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline*.
*Relevant disciplines, include but are not limited to the following:
- Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Development of Economics
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
Students may complete work-integrated learning and professional skills development (WORK500) with approved institutions and/or an overseas study tour (OSSE500) during their course.
- Course Code: 074877A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Strategic Organisational Development and Human Resource Management at University of New England
- Master of Professional Accounting at University of New England
- Master of Economics (Coursework) at University of New England
- Master of Business Administration (International) at University of New England
- Master of Business Administration at University of New England