Archives and Records Management MLitt
We teach archives and records management by focusing on the core principles, theory, and practice that underpin these disciplines.
Our focus is very much on a mix of the theoretical and the practical. You must be working or volunteering in an appropriate professional environment both prior to and throughout your studies so you can apply what you are learning. As part of this course, you will research and write a dissertation on a topic of your own interest.
You will develop an understanding of record-keeping practice and tradition. You'll gain an in-depth knowledge of the management of archives and will learn to apply this knowledge either in the public sector or in commercial or specialist environments. We'll also give you comprehensive training in the creation and management of current and semi-current records.
You’ll receive a lot of online content right from the start and benefit from our flexible teaching model that allows students to take semesters off and learn from subject experts.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The University of Dundee Careers Service is a team of trained and dedicated professionals who are here to help and support the career development of all our students, graduates and staff. Careers Service exists to empower individuals to develop their potential and take confident informed steps towards their future.
All Careers Service appointments and Quick Queries are currently being delivered online.
- We have several resources available for you depending on the nature of your query.
- For quick careers related question you can book a 15 min Quick Query appointment through the Careers Portal. Log in with your university username and password.
- For review of CVs or applications email us through the Ask a Question tab in the Careers Portal. For information on CVs, applications and job interviews
- You can book a longer 30 minute online appointment with an Adviser through the Careers Portal.
Explore career ideas, opportunities with your degree, further study and international options
Develop your employability skills, CV/cover letter and application form writing, networking and interview skills
Connect with employers, job and internship opportunities, volunteering options and your Careers Service
Ask a Careers Adviser
Find out how to book an appointment, drop-in to speak to a careers adviser and get advice online
Develop your skills, get recognition and communicate your achievements – get involved with our skills award programmes
Careers During Covid Times
Proactive and productive ways to help boost your employability during Covid-times
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course completing (Bachelors level or above)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You'll need to be
- a graduate with an Honours degree or above in an appropriate discipline and
- be employed or active as a volunteer in a professional archive for a minimum of half a day per week and have appropriate prior experience.
Alternative qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Transfer of credit from other study programs may be possible by arrangement.
English language requirements
- IELTS (overall) 6.5
- Reading 6.0
- Listening 6.0
- Speaking 6.5
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Distance Learning
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Professional Accountancy MSc at University of Dundee
- Management, Strategy and Leadership MSc at University of Dundee
- Management MSc at University of Dundee
- Management and Marketing MSc at University of Dundee
- Management and International Human Resource Management MSc at University of Dundee
- Management and Finance MSc at University of Dundee