Bachelor of Arts Applied Social Care
What is the BA in Applied Social Care?
The BA in Applied Social Care (previously known as the BA in Applied Social Studies in Social Care) is a three year (level 7) course of study. The course is designed to facilitate students who wish to pursue a specific area of interest and prepares students for professional careers in Social Care Work.
The overall aim is to develop reflective and ethically-aware practitioners with the capacity to build professional relationships, in partnership with vulnerable individuals and groups who experience marginalisation, disadvantage or special needs.
The course involves the study of related disciplines of Sociology, Social Policy, Psychology, Law, Applied Social Care, Personal and Professional Development and Supervised Professional Practice.
Special Feature of the BA in Applied Social Care Course
The course is designed to facilitate students to specialise as Social Care Workers. All students who wish to graduate as professionally qualified social care workers must successfully complete a supervised work-based placement. Placement occurs in Semester 3 and 6, and consists in total of 800 hours of supervised social care practice.
Note: Students undertaking the BA in Applied Social Care must meet the requirements of the School of Humanities Student Fitness to Practise Policy and School of Humanities Student Garda Vetting Policy.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD018
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR