Bachelor of Social Science
Make your mark on the world by crafting new solutions to various social challenges.
By studying our Bachelor of Social Science degree you will gain an empowering qualification that leads to rewarding careers in diverse fields. This degree will see you develop cultural sensitivity, ethical awareness and a solid understanding of the systems that define our world.
Social Science is the study of social relationships, structures and issues. Through core and elective courses, you will learn to analyse, challenge and gain insight into globally significant theories about gender, class, race, crime, illness and health, work, social justice and social organisation. You will also explore the exciting complexities of the human social experience and learn to apply the research methodologies of social science to the societies in which we exist.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers stemming from this degree are broad and varied. You will work closely with our Careers Service to align your majors and courses to where you would like to specialise.
Whatever your preferred career path (eco-tourism, event management, human services, human resources, global health to name a few), you will graduate from UON with work-ready skills and transferable attributes that are attractive to employers.
Common areas of employment for Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) graduates include social research, management and policy work for government and non-government agencies.
You may also find work in the private sector, particularly in areas relating to your major. For instance graduates of the Community Welfare and Human Services major may find work with a variety of government and private welfare agencies.
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Psychology Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Leisure and Tourism Management
- Human Services
- Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations
- Human Geography and the Environment
- Global Indigenous Studies
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 014637C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Development Studies / Bachelor of Global Indigenous Studies at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Diploma of Legal Practice at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) Combined at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary) (Honours) at University of Newcastle