Bachelor of Science (Honours)
The program can be completed over one year of full-time study or part-time equivalent. Courses are offered on a semester basis, i.e. two semesters per year. The Bachelor of Science (Honours) is offered at Callaghan and Ourimbah Campuses.
Please note that specialisations are not available at both campuses.
The specialisations of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Earth Science, Geography and Environmental Studies, and Physics are available to students at the Callaghan campus.
The Marine Science and Sustainable Resource Management specialisations are available at the Ourimbah campus only.
The Psychology specialisation is available at both the Callaghan and Ourimbah campuses.
The Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved sequence in Psychology is no longer available in this program. If you have a 3 year APAC accredited psychology qualification please apply for the accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) program.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- In-depth knowledge and ability appropriate to undertake further study and research in a field of science.
- Ability to develop, conduct and manage a research project.
- Critically and independently reflect and analyse project results.
- Ability to communicate a convincing and reasoned scientific argument at a level and style appropriate to the audience and to report scientific findings in an oral and substantial written format.
- Ability to work on an advanced scientific activity both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Awareness of professional practice in the relevant discipline and an understanding, appreciation and respect for appropriate conduct and practice.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
UON Central Coast is proud to celebrate over 25 years of world-class teaching, learning and research in our region. During this time, a strong community of career-ready students has flourished, with the campus shaping graduates into key members of our local area - and the world. Situated just two minutes from the M1 Pacific Motorway, UON Central Coast is conveniently located and provides a range of flexible courses to suit a busy, modern lifestyle.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Supervision from a discipline academic must be sought before submitting your application.
To be admitted into the program applicants must have completed the Bachelor of Science or another cognate degree within the last five years with a minimum GPA of 5.0 in:
- all studies undertaken in the program; or
- across a major in the proposed discipline of study; or
- across 80 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists); or
- where the applicant has completed less than 80 units at 3000 level, a GPA of 5.5 calculated from at least 60 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists).
In exceptional circumstances the above requirements may be varied with permission of the PVC upon the recommendation of the Head of School.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 000738B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle