Energy Systems MScR
The Institute for Energy Systems (IES) helps shape tomorrow's difficult energy decisions in decarbonising society. It continues a long line of world leading innovation by Edinburgh researchers, including the 1970s 'Duck' wave energy converter, invented by Stephen Salter - now Emeritus Professor of Engineering Design.
Our research covers all aspects of the low carbon energy chain: resource modelling, impact of climate change, wind, wave, tidal & solar energy, electrical power conversion, energy storage, carbon capture, biofuels and delivery into the electrical network. In addition, we have established a low carbon vehicle group developing more efficient internal combustion engines. IES is also involved in two doctoral training centres: the Industrial Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy (IDCORE) as a lead partner and the Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind and Marine, led by Strathclyde University.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in an appropriate subject, or relevant qualifications and experience.
Please contact us to check the specific entry requirements for this programme before you apply.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh