Master of Robotics and Automation Engineering
As the world of work evolves, we see a growing need for expertise in the robotics and automation field – in Aotearoa and globally. This is based on their widespread applicability in many industries, including healthcare, agriculture and manufacturing. The MRobotEng aims to produce graduates with the knowledge to develop, deploy and support these technologies at advanced levels, for years to come.
Many of our teaching staff are well-recognised experts in the field, and are a part of the University’s Centre for Automation and Robotic Engineering Science, who boast collaborations with industry and researchers at a global scale. This ensures that our courses are kept up-to-date with recent real-world applications, as well as containing direct insights into the emerging technologies available here in New Zealand.
Our history of interdisciplinary collaborations also means that you will have opportunities to participate in projects with a variety of industry partners. While this is a primarily taught programme, there is a valuable, distinctive research component that will let you demonstrate your ability to apply theoretical principles to applicable real-life scenarios. You will also be exposed to hands-on work to gain the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to thrive in this sector.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There is a rising demand for expertise in automation and robotics to align with established firms increasingly evolving to adopt 'smart' technologies. More employees now recognise the need for skilled people who understand the best use of technologies and their added value, so career possibilities are also growing in many industries.
Jobs related to this programme
- Automation design engineer
- Automation engineer
- Automation systems engineer
- Mechatronics Engineer
- Robotic Process Automation developer
- Robotics engineer
- Robotics software engineer
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Architecture (Professional) and Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Aerospace Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Information Technology at University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering Project Management at University of Auckland