Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy
Prepare for the future and address the challenges at the nexus of energy, climate change and sustainability.
This half year program is designed to address complex problems across disciplines and equip you with the knowledge and skills to progress to leadership positions in the energy sector.
You'll learn from leading academics and researchers as well as national and international practitioners, about the complex nature of energy generation, distribution and supply, and the challenges of transitioning to a sustainable energy future. Plus the flexible course structure makes it easier for you to integrate your studies into your existing schedule.
You'll explore the crucial role of technology, policy and innovation in energy project management and development. You'll gain an understanding the importance of balancing the trade-offs between social, economic and environmental considerations. And you'll gain the skill and understanding to tackle the challenges and opportunities that come with a shift toward clean energy and decentralised renewable energy.
Your qualification may also allow you to be accepted into the Master of Sustainable Energy at UQ and accelerate your degree.
- Learn from leaders in energy research who share your desire for a more sustainable, cleaner energy future.
- Enjoy the flexibility to complete each course, whenever and wherever you choose.
- Gain the critical knowledge and in-demand skills to stand out in your field.
- Benefit from a program validated by top-tier companies to ensure your competitive advantage for career success.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Sustainable energy engineer
- Solar energy technician
- Energy project manager
- Wind energy solutions manager
- Energy and sustainability professional
- Sustainability officer
- Clean energy policy officer
- Energy analyst
- Renewable energy manager
- Sustainability engagement manager
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree in a relevant field with a GPA of at least 4.5 on a 7 point scale OR
- relevant post-secondary study and at least 2 years of relevant work experience. Applications on the basis of post-secondary study and work experience will be individually assessed. Relevant fields include but are not limited to Engineering, Science, Environmental Management, Economics, Commerce, Business, Public Policy, International Development, Energy.
- 3-5 years practical experience in a related field is preferred.
- Course Code: 094110E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate-Certificate in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland