Bachelor of Advanced Information Technology
Steve Jobs. Elon Musk. Mark Zuckerberg. Bill Gates. Radia Perlman. Tech pioneers who have revolutionised the way we live, work and play. If you’re interested in working at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, launching the next tech innovation or even emulating the triumphs of those tech geniuses, this prestigious degree will propel you into the big league.
This advanced degree is designed for high-achieving students looking to gain skills in a range of modern and innovative information technology fields. The technical competencies you’ll gain, as well as those in idea generation and entrepreneurship, will prepare you not only for the workforce but also for a range of research opportunities.
- You’ll study a mix of theoretical and technical components with an emphasis on concepts, insights and skills that will enable you to use current technologies, and adapt to and create new technologies.
- You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate on research projects from your first year, which will develop your technical, communication, project management and teamwork skills.
- In your final year, you’ll undertake an industry-based project to solve a real-world problem, as well as a research project under the guidance of a mentor.
- Your learning will be enhanced by our location in Australia’s leading high-tech precinct, which is brimming with collaborative, internship and employment opportunities.
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall graduate employment in information technology (QILT, 2017).
Choose from the following options:
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Game Development
- Information Systems and Business Analysis
- Software Technology
- Web and Mobile App Development
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
- Feb Deadline: Dec
- July Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Macquarie course can set your dream career in motion.
- Business analyst
- Data analyst
- Database designer
- Games designer
- Information technology researcher
- Project manager
- Security expert
- Software and app developer
- Systems administrator
- Banks and financial institutions
- Defence organisations
- Energy companies
- Government agencies
- Research and tech organisations, eg, CSIRO or Data61
- Retail and e-businesses
- Technology and software companies
- Telecommunications companies
- Transport and infrastructure companies
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For international students, Macquarie uses a selection rank to determine the minimum eligibility requirement for each undergraduate course. This rank has been converted into equivalent scores for various recognised international high school qualifications and university entrance examinations, including global qualifications like the International Baccalaureate (IB) and GCE A-Levels.
RECOMMENDED STUDIES: HSC Mathematics Extension 1 or HSC Mathematics Extension 2, plus HSC Information Process and Technology and/or HSC Software Design and Development or equivalent.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099141B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Landscape Processes for Archaeologists at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Game Design and Development at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Cyber Security at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Software Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechatronic Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechanical Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)