Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Develop specialised knowledge in your chosen major, learn to think critically, sharpen your communication, research and problem-solving skills, and undertake a thesis or research project.
This program is suited to high-achieving arts students who want to better prepare themselves for a successful professional or academic career.
You'll undertake advanced subjects that build on your bachelor’s study and focus heavily on research methods and techniques. This knowledge will prepare you to complete a substantial research project – the major component of your Honours program.
Depending on your field of study, you'll complete a semester-long or year-long Honours research thesis. You will work one-on-one with a supervisor to complete all aspects of this substantial project, including developing a suitable research topic, applying research techniques and methodologies appropriate for your field, and presenting your ideas in a written thesis.
- Get one-on-one guidance while working with a supervisor to develop, write and submit a thesis or research project.
- Gain relevant experience that will prepare you for postgraduate study.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills in your chosen field.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Ancient History
- Art History
- Classical Languages
- Communication and Cultural Studies
- English Literature
- International Relations
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Sports Studies
- Studies in Religion
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Museum curator
- Chinese translator/interpreter
- Arts journalist
- Political analyst
- Digital media specialist
- Music journalist
- Community planning and policy adviser
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 081748G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Science (BMus(Hons)/BSc) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Education (Secondary) (BMus(Hons)/BEd(Sec)) at The University of Queensland