Diploma in Accounting
The Diploma in Accounting program will prepare graduating students for an entry level accounting position in the work force, including General Accounting, taxation, payroll, and auditing. The student will gain knowledge and skills in the classroom, and they will be given the opportunity to apply this learning, hands on, in the accounting software.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Accounting Clerk
- Payroll & Benefits Administrator
- Accounts Payables Clerk
- Staff Accountant
- Administrative Assistant
- Payroll Administrator
If your program was less than 8 months
- You aren’t eligible for a PGWP.
If your program was more than 8 months but less than 2 years
- We may give you a PGWP that’s valid for up to the same length as your study program.
For example, if you completed a 9-month program, we may give you a work permit for up to 9 months.
If your program was 2 years or more
- We may give you a PGWP that’s valid for 3 years.
If you completed more than 1 program
- You may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program.
Each of the programs you completed -
- must be PGWP-eligible and at least 8 months in length
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- IELTS: 5.5 or
- TOEFL (paper): 550 or
- TOEFL (CBT): 210 or
- TOEFL (IBT): 79 or
- Canadian Language Benchmark Test (CLB): 6
- PTE Academic: 50 or
- Cambridge: CAE or
- Proof of any other English Language Assessment Test with an Equivalent Score
- Has earned a Grade 12 graduation diploma from in a system in which English is the official language, or
- Successfully completed a pre-Intermediate certificate from a Language Canada accredited school or
- Successful completion of a three-credit academic English Course OR Equivalent from a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution with a minimum grade of C
- Successfully complete the College’s English language proficiency assessment or Successful complete of the 24-week ESL program at the College
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10000 CAD
Application Fee: 250 CAD
- Certificate in Office Administration at Western Community College
- Diploma in Hospitality Management at Western Community College
- Diploma in Business Management with Co-Op at Western Community College
- Diploma in Business Management at Western Community College
- Certificate in Business Essentials at Western Community College
- Diploma in Advanced Accounting at Western Community College