B.A. Middle Eastern Jewish and Islamic Civilisations (JH)
What is Middle Eastern, Jewish and Islamic Civilisations?
The cultures and societies of the Middle East have been deeply influential in shaping European and western values. In spite of this, the region and its peoples are often misunderstood and represented. Middle Eastern, Jewish and Islamic Civilisations is the study of the historical origins and cultures of a wide range of societies of the region, providing students with an insight into the contemporary Middle East and to the challenges of diversity and multiculturalism in an increasingly globalised world.
Middle Eastern, Jewish and Islamic Civilisations: The course for you?
If you are interested in ancient and modern history, in literature, in religion and philosophy, in the Middle East and its cultures and religions, in the region’s relationship with the Western world, this course would be of great interest to you. If you find yourself asking how societies develop their values and perspectives, you will be able to explore how they do so over the course of some of the most exciting periods of human history beginning with the cultures of ancient Israelites, Persians and Babylonians and extending to the contemporary political conditions in the Middle East.
Middle Eastern, Jewish and Islamic Civilisations at Trinity
Trinity is the only university in Ireland that offers a course in Middle Eastern, Jewish and Islamic Civilisations. It attracts students of social and cultural diversity from Ireland and abroad. Our graduates in Ireland and internationally include lecturers working in European, UK and US universities, as well as graduates working in other areas including museum work, journalism, international relations, teaching, research, human rights and law.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Geography and Geoscience at Trinity College Dublin
- International History (M.Phil.) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Geography (JH) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Geography: Geography and Geoscience at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Stage Management and Technical Theatre at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Sociology and Social Policy at Trinity College Dublin