PGCE PRIMARY (5-11) WITH MODERN LANGUAGES
We have a long and distinguished history in preparing new teachers for the primary classroom. Since 1839 we have empowered our students to become confident and inspiring teachers. We are committed to supporting each of our students to succeed through high-quality training in partnership with local schools.
This full-time, one year course is designed to train you to apply your knowledge flexibly to a variety of contexts and to model good practice while teaching. The Primary Modern Languages route is designed to prepare you to teach across the primary curriculum and develop expertise in teaching and learning modern languages.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor of Arts / Science / Commerce from a central university, recognised state university
A centre of advanced study, 3 or 4 years duration– Minimum 50% Average percentage of final 2 years result used.
MPhil or PhD
The normal requirement for an MPhil is a good honours degree (First or Upper-Second class) or a relevant Masters degree. For a PhD the normal entry requirement is an MPhil.
Chichester runs a Pre-PhD Research Study Programme whereby applicants register for six tutorials at low cost in order to carry out various feasibility studies, including some testing of interest, materials, methods and resolve.
Degree: honours degree at 2:2 or higher in a related discipline.
- All applicants must hold an honours degree or equivalent qualification. The majority of successful applicants will have a 2:2 or above degree but we do accept applicants with a lower classification but an otherwise strong application.
- Your personal statement is important; it should convince us that you are serious about teaching as a career. You will need to demonstrate a strong awareness of the complex role of the teacher in supporting learning. You should ensure that you make reference to any voluntary or paid experiences in schools or early years settings.
- All applicants must have GCSE passes in English, mathematics and science at grade C / 4 or above. We will consider applicants who are taking the relevant GCSEs whilst applying.
- We would normally expect applicants to have taken and passed the full GCSE course, however in some circumstances we do accept equivalent qualifications or equivalency tests. If you are unable to enrol for the full GCSE course, please contact Admissions to discuss which equivalent qualification we may accept.
- You will be required to attend an interview
- Satisfactory occupational health and enhanced DBS check required
- If English is not your first language then English language proficiency required is an overall IELTS score of 7.0 (including 7.0 in academic writing) other components no less than 6.5 – or equivalent qualification.
- Course Code: 3DC6
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A