Bachelor of Media and Communications with Honours
This course provides up-to-date knowledge of the rapidly changing field of media and communications. It explores such areas as film and television, screen adaptations, media convergence, changing print genres, digital communications, and writing practices, with topics varying to reflect new developments and interests. The coursework and dissertation components allow scope for students to pursue individual interests and enhance their research and communication skills, which are vital for further studies and today's changing workplaces.
The Bachelor of Media and Communications with Honours is designed to allow well-qualified graduates to improve their career prospects or to proceed to higher degree studies. Completion to the standard of Honours Class II Division 1 or better is a mode of entry to candidature for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduate with knowledge of how the media works and has evolved. You’ll have diverse communication and analytical skills to prepare you to adapt to a rapidly changing job landscape.
Career options for graduates include:
- radio and television
- public relations, marketing, and advertising
- social media
- corporate writing
- public sector research and administration
- communications strategy.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
1. Admission to candidature shall be determined by the Head of School on the recommendation of the Course Coordinator.
2. Except as provided in Rule 3, a candidate for admission to the honors course shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Arts or the Bachelor of Media and Communications from the University of New England; and
- (b) have attained a minimum grade point average of 5.0 (Credit); and
- (c) have achieved 18 credit points at Distinction level or better in 300-level units in their chosen area of study; and
- (d) have passed units to the value of at least 48 credit points in the subject in which the candidate wishes to proceed; and
- (e) have fulfilled any additional requirements prescribed and published by the School or area concerned.
3. With the approval of the Head of School on the recommendation of the course coordinator, a person who has fulfilled the requirements of an equivalent AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification of a university or other institution and who meets requirements considered by the School to be equivalent to those specified in Rule 2. (b), (c), (d) and (e), may be admitted to the honors course leading to the degree of Bachelor of Media and Communications with Honours.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 061317G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning at University of New England
- Bachelor of Music with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Music at University of New England
- Bachelor of Media and Communications at University of New England
- Bachelor of International Studies with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of International Studies at University of New England