Languages, Cultures and Philosophy BA
Combine fluency in a language with the ability to analyse complex concepts and arguments. At Leeds, you can study philosophy with one of the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Thai.
Philosophy will sharpen your understanding of languages and cultures by challenging how we understand the world. You’ll study great thinkers and explore key philosophical questions in logic, language, ethics, politics, and the arts. You'll reach a professional standard in your chosen language through intensive learning and your residence abroad. You’ll also explore cultures across the globe, while focusing on the countries where your chosen language is spoken. In your final year, you can enhance your translation skills or business language and develop your final year project.
Combining rigorous thinking with communication and professional skills, this joint honours prepares you for an international career in many sectors.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian B BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian A BA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Politics BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Linguistics BA at University of Leeds