PhD in Economics (Integrated)
Follow your academic path to its highest level, with a PhD in economics. If you're a graduate with little previous research experience, our integrated program makes it possible to achieve your goals.
PhD in Economics integrated program
A PhD in economics opens the door to a career in public policy, academia or the finance sector. Choose your topic from our diverse research areas, from health and education to banking, tourism and transportation.
We have dozens of respected research partners including:
- World Health Organization
- China Energy Research Institute
- Department of State Development, Business and Innovation
- Central University of Finance and Economics (China).
- In our integrated program, you’ll spend the first year learning best-practice, ethical research methods. On passing with a 70% average in coursework and a thesis, you’ll begin your own original research. Throughout, you’ll have the support of an experienced supervisor.
You’ll develop skills to present your findings as a thesis, and in public forums and publications.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We offer industry connections to begin your career in these areas:
- population growth
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with thesis;
- admissible bachelor degree Completed with a degree classification (as awarded on degree certificate) of first Division with Distinction (70%).
English Language Requirement
Achieved an IELTS (Academic Module) result with an overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6) or equivalent and completed a qualification at AQF level 8 or above, typically in a cognate discipline (including a qualification without minor thesis), with Honours or its equivalent at a high standard.
- Course Code: 088583M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A