Bachelor of Inclusive Education and Disability Studies
Contemporary understanding of disability acknowledges the rights of people with a disability to be full and participating members of society. Many people with a disability, particularly those with learning and intellectual disabilities, require either episodic or lifelong support to take their rightful place in society.
The course is designed to provide a specialisation in community or school education. You will develop a holistic view of disability and of the social structures that influence learning and development for people with a disability. This includes the theoretical frameworks for understanding disability, social justice and empowerment, advocacy, influence of disability on learning, social dynamics and positive behaviour support. The Bachelor of Inclusive Education and Disability Studies is for students who want a career in disability or human service management. Students will develop a holistic view of disability and the social structures that influence learning and development for people with a disability. This includes areas such as: ·
- social justice and empowerment
- the influence of disability on learning
- social dynamics and positive behaviour support.
Students can tailor the course to their interests by selecting topics in assessment tasks, fieldwork components and the selection of specialisation units. There is a mix of assignment and project-based assessments to help integrate practice and theory.
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Education; social justice; empowerment or advocacy in the disability, community or human services sector; student support. Further study will enable you to become a primary school teacher.
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS overall score of 6.5 and an individual score of 6.0 in all tests.
Other Requirment :
- Requirements for working with vulnerable people: All students enrolled must obtain a national police check before they may enter a workplace.
- Requirements for working with children: All students enrolled must have the appropriate approvals before they may enter a classroom. These are: Blue Card (Qld), Working with Vulnerable People (ACT) or Working with Children Check (NSW and Vic). International students must bring police check documentation from their own countries. All students who have lived in another country for 12 months or more must provide a police check from that country for that period.
- Course Code: 013149E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Exercise Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Technology) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)