Postgraduate Certificate in Social and Community Leadership
This certificate will advance your skills in social and community leadership and build your ability to lead and innovate across the community, government, not-for-profit, and social-good sectors.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are various career opportunities available based on prior experience, expertise and elective specialisation within the PGCertSCL. Common themes include leadership, programme design, social innovation and development, consultation, policy development, social change, community and health development.
Jobs related to this programme
- Community facilitator and advocate
- Not-for-profit organisation leader
- Programme designer
- Social and community coordinator
- Social innovator/consultant
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a recognized university (or similar institution) with at least 60 points (at least 15-20% of your degree) in social science subjects.
Alternatively, you must have completed an undergraduate degree in a related field (such as human services, social work or other social practice) at a recognized university (or similar institution) and have at least two years’ experience in community, government, not-for-profit, or social-good sectors.
Further program requirements
English language requirements
If you are an international applicant whose first language is not English you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency.
You will require an IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no bands less than 6.0.
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Law at University of Auckland