Bachelor of Computer Science
Shape the digital future by gaining the knowledge and practical skills to design, develop and analyse computer-based systems.
The pace of change in digital technologies is extraordinary. Artificial intelligence, unprecedented computer power, the Internet of Things, big data and automation will continue to transform the way we work and the jobs we do in the future.
The Bachelor of Computer Science is a 3-year program designed to provide a deeper understanding of all aspects of computer technology. As part of the program, you'll combine theory with hands-on experience to learn how to create and analyse computer-based systems. You'll develop the strong analytical, logical and development skills necessary to advance computing and its applications.
With more 50 years experience in teaching computer science, you'll be joining a university where you’ll gain the solid technological foundations and skills to play a critical role in creating, developing, implementing and evaluating new systems and technology for use in our society.
As part of the program, you can specialise in cyber security, data science, machine learning, programming languages or scientific computing. You'll graduate ready to launch into an exciting career with skills that are in high demand from some of the world’s biggest technology corporations.
Join a growing industry
- All of Australia's top 5 emerging jobs feature automation or Artificial Intelligence (AI) skills (LinkedIn 2020 Emerging Jobs Report Australia).
- Demand for technology workers will grow by 100,000 between 2018 and 2024 (ACS)
- Graduate with skills that are in high demand by some of the world's largest corporations, such as Apple, Google, Oracle, Telstra and Microsoft.
- Join a uni with over 50 years of experience teaching computer science, consistently ranked in the top 100 worldwide.
- Benefit from a program developed in close consultation with industry leaders.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Programming Languages
- Scientific Computing
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Cyber security analyst
- Data scientist
- Machine learning engineer
- Software engineer
- Technical business analyst
- Data engineer
- Statistical analyst
- Security architect
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C). Specialist Mathematics is recommended.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 096359G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland