Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness
Advance your skills with advanced agribusiness courses and develop specialisations for further study.
The Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness is designed for recent business, agricultural or rural science graduates, and for established professionals wanting to upgrade their management skills.
For your half year of full-time studies, you'll select from nearly 30 courses providing you with a high level of specialised knowledge of agribusiness management together with business and communication skills associated with your selected areas of study.
Graduates from UQ's Agribusiness program gain a market-oriented focus, commercial awareness, an innovative and heightened global outlook, and the required technical skills to work in agribusiness management roles. They can expect to find almost immediate work in the food and fibre industries in managerial, administrative or research roles.
- Take advantage of one of the leading agribusiness programs in Australia at one of the world’s top 20 universities for agriculture.
- Benefit from regular exposure to practising managers and their businesses through a hands-on approach to learning.
- Explore all aspects of the value chain to confidently work with small-scale and large-scale producers, processors, transporters, financial institutions and domestic and international retailers to deliver high-quality and affordable products.
- Position yourself as a future business leader through the selection of electives in entrepreneurship, corporate law, finance and effective stakeholder engagement.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Agribusiness manager
- Agribusiness researcher
- Agribusiness banker
- Commodity trader
- Sales and marketing professional
- Supply chain manager
- Property manager
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale; or
2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
- Course Code: 030134D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate Writing, Editing and Publishing at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Music at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Museum Studies at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design at The University of Queensland