Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness
Advance your skills with advanced agribusiness courses and develop specialisations for further study.
The Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness is designed for recent business, agricultural or rural science graduates, and for established professionals wanting to upgrade their management skills.
For your half year of full-time studies, you'll select from nearly 30 courses providing you with a high level of specialised knowledge of agribusiness management together with business and communication skills associated with your selected areas of study.
Graduates from UQ's Agribusiness program gain a market-oriented focus, commercial awareness, an innovative and heightened global outlook, and the required technical skills to work in agribusiness management roles. They can expect to find almost immediate work in the food and fibre industries in managerial, administrative or research roles.
- Take advantage of one of the leading agribusiness programs in Australia at one of the world’s top 20 universities for agriculture.
- Benefit from regular exposure to practising managers and their businesses through a hands-on approach to learning.
- Explore all aspects of the value chain to confidently work with small-scale and large-scale producers, processors, transporters, financial institutions and domestic and international retailers to deliver high-quality and affordable products.
- Position yourself as a future business leader through the selection of electives in entrepreneurship, corporate law, finance and effective stakeholder engagement.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 030134D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Agribusiness at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Magnetic Resonance Technology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Science at The University of Queensland