Languages, Cultures and Film Studies BA
Learn about various critical, historical, and theoretical approaches to film whilst gaining fluency in your chosen language. At Leeds you can combine the study of film with one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Thai.
Our focus on world cinemas means you’ll engage with ‘art’ and popular cinemas from a wide range of cultures and societies. You’ll develop specialised knowledge in the ways film uses style and narrative to create meaning, intervenes in national and global debates, and even shapes our perception of the world around us. You’ll explore the history and theory of cinema, alongside issues of genre and the impact of digital technologies on this rapidly changing art form.
During your year abroad you’ll gain international experience whilst further developing your linguistic ability. Then in your final year you’ll develop an extended project in which you can draw on what you have learnt and showcase your skills.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian B BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian A BA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Politics BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds