Leadership for the Health Professions, PGDip
If you are a doctor, nurse or other health professional at any stage in your career and you have a leadership or management role, or aspire to one, our MSc Leadership for the Health Professions will help you develop the skills you need to flourish in your career.
Our unique interprofessional, multi-level, leadership development programme has been designed for busy working healthcare professionals, including international students. Our blended learning approach combines face to face contact days supplemented by online learning, tutor, mentor and peer support. You can study on campus, at either Swansea or Leicester, through distance learning, or a combination of both.
This part time programme provides you with theoretical and practical leadership development skills which you can apply across a range of leadership and management situations in healthcare and education. You’ll learn from a unique, case study based approach, where you will consider all aspects of health professionals’ activities from a leadership and management perspective.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is normally on the basis of UK Honours Degree Grade 2:2 or above or an equivalent qualification for overseas applicants.
Applicants who are not first-language English speakers must provide one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in each part)
- TOEFL IBT: 93 (20 in each part)
- Pearson PTE Academic: 62 (51 in communicative skill)
- Cambridge CPE: Grade C
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia: Grade 6 or above
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A