Bachelor of Paramedicine
Begin a challenging and rewarding career as a paramedic with a Bachelor of Paramedicine from VU.
Gain the skills, knowledge and techniques to treat patients in out-of-hospital care. You'll graduate from the Bachelor of Paramedicine able to manage all aspects of the needs of paramedic patients (physical, psychological, social).
This course will prepare you to be sensitive to issues in diverse communities and treat patients accordingly. Our paramedicine degree is held in very high regard in the industry for its hands-on approach. You will learn through practical scenarios and clinical placements, and also gain a solid understanding of theory.
VU graduates are compassionate and highly capable professionals. Studying at VU will prepare you for the real world of emergency health.
St Albans Campus
Our St Albans Campus is a hub for health and nutrition research. It also specialises in arts and science programs. Our nursing and biomedical science students complete a large part of their studies at the new teaching and research centre at Sunshine Hospital alongside medical professionals. The campus has a modern community feel and is set in gardens of native grasses and gum trees. It’s a relaxed, friendly place to study, with a children’s centre, a gym, and award-winning architecture.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Working as a paramedic is demanding but rewarding. Paramedicine is a competitive sector. VU graduates have the practical skills, knowledge and personal attributes to gain employment in this field.
Potential employers include:
- ambulance services worldwide
- rural and remote paramedic practice
- non-emergency patient transport.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 092160M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University