Bachelor of Sustainability
The Bachelor of Sustainability at UNE provides a unique opportunity to develop skills and an understanding of sustainability in a holistic manner, integrating the social sciences and humanities with the environmental sciences and natural resource management.
Going beyond traditional disciplinary boundaries, and transcending the old 'arts-sciences' divide, we adopt a multi- and inter-disciplinary approach to sustainability and graduates gain an understanding of social and community sustainability as well as ecologically sustainable development - a great advantage in the growing 'green collar' job market.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Bachelor of Sustainability is an interdisciplinary degree that offers a solid academic grounding and vocational qualification. Career opportunities include positions in a wide range of public and private sector organizations, including roles as sustainability and environment officers, policy advisers, planning and research officers for state/federal government, government planning and environment departments, environmental protection agencies, cultural and natural heritage management, environmental conservation, land and water management, natural resource management, community development, commercial industry, environmental consultancies, mining, research careers with CSIRO, universities, and industries.
The five majors in the degree provide opportunities to specialize in particular areas.
The Community Engagement and Development major provides a focus on public education, engagement, and participation to enable you to pursue a career in this area.
The Cultural Heritage Management major provides a focus on Indigenous and public heritage management to enable you to pursue a career in this area.
The Environmental Governance major provides a focus on integrating the social and environmental aspects of sustainability to enable you to pursue a career in environmental governance and policy.
The Environmental Resilience major provides a focus on the environmental aspects of sustainability to enable you to pursue a career in environmental policy.
The Governance and Regulation major provides a focus on the policy and regulatory arena to enable you to pursue a career in this area.
Students can also undertake work experience during the degree.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Assumed knowledge is any two units in English.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
This degree has an applied environmental policy focus.
Students have the opportunity to obtain career-relevant skills through training in the workplace by selecting WORK300 as an elective.
- Course Code: 072404F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Nursing at University of New England
- Bachelor of Zoology at University of New England
- Bachelor of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science at University of New England