Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
Equip yourself with the knowledge, focus and skills for a career in accounting, banking, finance, or analysis.
Commerce graduates are in high demand for their in-depth understanding of how accounting, business information systems and finance add value to business and the global economy.
As you study our commerce program, you'll investigate topics such as:
- How can business performance be measured and assessed?
- How can company, project and investment value be determined to make buy/sell decisions?
- How do foreign markets, derivatives and debt markets affect my client’s portfolio?
- What is an auditor’s responsibility?
- How can big data be analysed to add value?
- What issues arise from operating in a virtual corporate environment?
After examining the fundamental principles of commerce, you'll learn how you can apply and adapt them in response to specific challenges faced by businesses. You'll build specialised knowledge and skills through a major of your choice.
This program will set you up for a thriving career in the public or private sectors in accounting, banking, financial management, business analysis, business information systems and general management.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Business Information Systems
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Chartered accountant
- Mergers and acquisition adviser
- Business systems analyst
- Risk manager
- Company secretary
- Finance manager
- Corporate treasurer
- Investment banker
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 001944K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce MAJOR Finance at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Arts at The University of Queensland