Master of Education
This course is designed for educators or those working in educational contexts who wish to pursue further studies in a specialised area. It will not lead to a teaching qualification.
The Master of Education enables teachers professionals working in other educational contexts to develop advanced knowledge and expertise. The course enhances career advancement opportunities for teachers and other professionals engaged in lead educational roles such as education administrators, researchers, policy makers, career counsellors, psychologists, members of the defence forces, youth ministers and family/parish educators.
Specialist areas leading to a named specialisation:
- Allied School Psychology (cohorts only)
- Autism Spectrum Studies
- Career Development
- Inclusive Practice
- Integrated STEM
- Literacy Intervention (cohorts only)
- Leading Learning
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Student Wellbeing
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
This advanced education course will enable students to enhance professional knowledge and pedagogical practices, and to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of recent research.
Students with a postgraduate qualification in Education may apply for credit and complete the degree in less time.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Education enhances your career advancement opportunities as a teaching professional or leader, education administrator, researcher or policy maker.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- An Australian Bachelor Degree in Education, or first degree in an area other than Education plus a Graduate Diploma in Education.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants must have an IELTS overall score of 7.0, with an individual score of 6.0 in all tests.
- Course Code: 084792A, 099127M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Educational Leadership at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Social Work at Australian Catholic University (ACU)