Diploma in Civil Engineering (Level 7)
The Diploma in Civil Engineering (Building and Construction) is designed to develop students’ knowledge and skills progressively in line with current requirements in the building and construction industry. The programme includes 12 papers of level 5 to 7 with a total of 240 credits. The programme will enable students to understand a variety of concepts, processes and procedures relevant to the building and construction industry.
This program is specifically designed to enhance learners’ knowledge and skills in building structures, construction materials theory, building conservation, earthquake engineering, construction contract administration, and project planning, scheduling, costing, execution and monitoring. The knowledge achieved through this qualification will enable graduates to select and apply appropriate qualitative and/or quantitative techniques in order to identify engineering problems, apply an analytical approach to solve those problems to come up with engineering solutions contributing towards building structure and construction related decision making.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have a Diploma in Electrical Engineering Level 5 OR
- Equivalent knowledge and skills, such as:
- 10 years high school + 3 years certificate/diploma in technology OR
- The first year of Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree completed and similar qualifications OR
- First year of the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Electrical) (Level 6) OR
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 24 points minimum And 2 years relevant work experience OR
- Three years relevant work experience and 20 years of age or over. The applicant shall be required to formally apply for the assessments of prior learning; and complete the assessments of prior learning if approved to do so by the DEE programme leader
- Applicants must meet the minimum academic entry requirements and have achieved an overall band score (Academic) of 6.0 IELTS, (writing, speaking, reading and listening bands no less than 5.5) or equivalent (see table 1 below for the IELTS equivalent options). Over and above existing English proficiency may be determined if the medium of instructions in primary and secondary studies was in English OR if the applicant has studied for three years full time in New Zealand, USA, Canada, Australia, and the UK.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A