Bachelor of Agriculture
About the Bachelor of Agriculture
Drive the future of agriculture.
Food is crucial to our very existence, but what happens before it hits the table? The food production industry is in a state of flux due to technological breakthroughs, climate change, rapid urbanisation, shifts in economic power and sustainability. To feed ten billion people by 2050, we need an agricultural revolution.
Study La Trobe's Bachelor of Agriculture to make your mark in agriculture.
You'll get a solid grounding in science fundamentals, including biology, chemistry and animal sciences, taught by our leading academics and industry experts. You'll also delve deeper into discipline-specific topics such as plant and soil science, animal nutrition, pest control, animal health and biochemistry.
Throughout your degree, you'll explore the issues that are set to dominate the future of agriculture, including unpredictable water supply, climate change, food security, environmental impacts of agriculture, and sustainable cropping and grazing systems. You'll get a true, practical understanding of these challenges through real-world case studies. And with access to Reid Labs and AgriBio, Victoria's largest agricultural science research centre, you'll be learning in a truly world-class environment.
Theory is good, but hands-on experience is even better. Your degree includes a range of practical learning opportunities and industry experiences, so you can see first-hand how your skills and knowledge apply in real-world settings. These experiences will give you the opportunity to begin building your network of industry contacts – something you'll be able to draw on throughout your career.
Your third and final year is all about applying the skills and knowledge you've learned in an agricultural context. Harness and hone all you've learned in La Trobe's laboratories and in-field work to prepare for your next step after graduation.
Whether you want to forge a career in agriculture in a laboratory, on farms or in an office, our Bachelor of Agriculture will provide you with the skills and knowledge to take on the challenges facing the next generation.
La Trobe’s Melbourne Campus combines parkland beauty with a vibrant campus culture filled with cafés, shops and a multi-level library. It’s also one of Australia’s largest university campuses. You’ll have access to state-ofthe-art facilities, including our brand-new tech and business labs, the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science and our very own Wildlife Sanctuary. You'll also have help to achieve your academic best. We provide dedicated study rooms like the Women's Lounge, the Law Common Room, and the MASO (Mature Age Student Organisation) Lounge. And we host many cultural and academic events on campus to make you feel at home.
Study by the Murray River and nearby snowfields at our Albury-Wodonga campus. With plenty of employment, cultural and sporting opportunities, it's a great place to live, study and thrive. You'll get a personalised learning experience with our friendly staff, plus access to great on-site facilities and La Trobe’s university-wide resources.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
La Trobe offers programs that are industry-focused and offer a lot of practical exposure. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot.
The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market. La Trobe focuses on Work Integrated Learning. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot. The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market.
The duration of the internship will vary depending on the chosen course and subject. During this time a student will be expected to complete assessments based on experience. Please note that eligibility criteria do apply.
If you are an undergraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Accounting Work Placement (ACC3AWP)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUS3ELP)
- Food and Beverage Supervision (THS1FBS)
- Sports Practicum (MGT3SPR)
If you are a postgraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Business Analytics Project (BUS5PR2)
- Business Work Placement (BUS5WIL)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUA5ELP)
- As an international student, a student can work for 40 hrs in a fortnight and full time during breaks and is entitled to 2 years post-study work permit. This implies to students studying any course which is 2 years and above.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Degree entry: Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) with a minimum of a C (60%) grade point average (GPA) in the final year PLUS three years of relevant managerial experience
- Professional entry: Applicants do not require an undergraduate degree but must have a minimum of 8 years' relevant managerial experience 6.0.
- Professional entry (no undergrad degree): International applicants must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0. Please note that international students studying online are not eligible for an Australian student visa.
- Course Code: 104803M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Criminology at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Commerce at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Psychological Science at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity at La Trobe University