International Year One - Business, Management & Marketing
About this route
The International Year One in Business, Management & Marketing will develop your subject knowledge and English language skills, whilst preparing you to join the second year of your chosen undergraduate degree at the University of Huddersfield’s Business School.
Just like the first year of an undergraduate degree, the International Year One is a two-semester programme with a choice of modules, all taught on campus. You will have the additional benefit of smaller class sizes and more support to help you develop your academic knowledge, study skills and language abilities to prepare you for your degree.
You will study several modules, which deliver specialised academic content as you would expect during an undergraduate degree, depending on your chosen area of study.
Why study Business, Management & Marketing?
- Gain the practical skills for success with the Huddersfield Business School Placement Unit, which won Best University Placement Service at the NUE awards in 2017
- Benefit from career-focused, professionally accredited degrees with a high graduate employment rate
- Engage with local businesses, employers, and University departments for networking opportunities before even starting your undergraduate degree.
Depending on your chosen progression, you will choose to study one of the following subject pathways, which will include subject-modules relevant to your chosen progression degree. You can choose from:
- Business Management
- International Business
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Skills for success
At the International Study Centre, we want to prepare you for life beyond university. With this in mind we have built CareerAhead activities into our programmes to help you use your time at the University of Huddersfield productively.
At the International Study Centre
CareerAhead activities will focus on identifying your strengths, and building confidence. With our support, you will develop a range of skills for success, such as teamwork, problem solving and communication. We will also help you to create a personal development plan for your time at university and beyond.
You'll also have the opportunity to build up work experience by taking up part-time employment or a work placement during your studies. Find out more about working rights as part your visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Good high school graduation grades or equivalent academic study^ (see table below)
English language: SELT (UKVI IELTS or Trinity Test) equivalent to IELTS 4.5 overall (min 4.0 in writing and no lower than 4.0 all other skills)*^^
Age: 17+ (in the September or October of the academic year you wish to start at the International Study Centre). Must turn 18 before the start of your undergraduate degree
- Successful completion of High Secondary Certificate (50%) or SSC (60%). Pass required for 4 or more relevant subjects. 50% minimum required for relevant subjects
- Year 10 (SSC) 65%, Year 11 50% or Year 12 (HSC) 40%
- Successful completion of SMU 2 or SMU 3 with average grade of 6.0 (4 relevant subjects required)
- O-Levels at DDDD in the relevant subjects or NA Level (academic) Average of 2 - 3 in six relevant subjects
- 4 x O-levels
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A