Master of Science in Finance
Offering maximum flexibility, students can attend full or part-time, on-campus, or online. The program can be completed in one year on a full-time basis.
For undergraduate business majors, the MSF curriculum consists of 10 courses (30 credits): five required courses in Finance and five electives (two of which are recommended to be in Finance). For undergraduate non-business majors, this program is preceded by three prerequisite courses (with grades of B- or better) representing key foundation material in Accounting, Economics, and Finance. These prerequisite course credits will not count toward the MSF degree.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The following are general admission requirements. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Undergraduate Degree: Official transcripts, a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required. Pre-requisite courses: Financial Accounting, Business Financial Analysis, and Microeconomics.
- GMAT (minimum 500): can be waived for UMass Lowell undergraduates with a GPA of 3.0 and above and upon receipt of a recommendation by an UMass Lowell faculty member; also can be waived if the undergraduate GPA is 3.5 and above at an AACSB accredited (or equivalent) university.
- TOEFL for international students: (600+ paper-based, 250+ computer-based, or 100+ Internet-based).
- Successful completion of all other university admissions requirements, including three letters of recommendation.
Statement of Purpose
In a separate document, submit a brief statement indicating your immediate and long-range goals, relevant work history, academic honors/awards received, any teaching experience and/or research conducted/published that may be pertinent to your graduate program. Two pages recommended maximum.
Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to provide (names and email addresses) referees during the application process and an automated request will be sent out after the completion of your application.
Provide a complete and official transcript from the institution that awarded or will award you a bachelor’s degree. You may also include transcripts from other institutions at which you have taken relevant coursework. Please note that waiting for additional transcripts may delay review of your application.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD
- Master in Computer Science Entrepreneurship at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Public Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - International Business at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science - Health Information Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - Finance at University of Massachusetts Lowell