Master of Public Health
The Master of Public Health equips graduates with specialised knowledge, understanding and skills in public health to improve and advance population health and well-being. ACU’s MPH prepares graduates to practice with a community, national or global focus, and with an ethical, social justice perspective.
The course enables students to develop advanced and specialised knowledge across the discipline of public health, with an emphasis on evidence-based practice, rigorous intellectual inquiry, innovation and thought leadership, and effective communication and advocacy skills.
The curriculum was designed around the Foundation Competencies for MPH Graduates in Australia and the requirements of the Australian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (for medical practitioners specialising in public health). Other international competency and practice standards and competency frameworks have also informed ACU’s curriculum design.
Students may choose to complete their Maste through a Research Pathway (undertaking additional research training and completion of a minor thesis) or a Capstone Pathway (involving a capstone experience, such as a practice-based project). Elective units and a specialisation option are also available.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A wide range of career opportunities are available to graduates of Master of Public Health programs in Australia. According to a recent public health workforce study, these opportunities are typically within the public or not-for-profit sector; however, one-quarter of Master of Public Health graduates are employed in the private sector.
Approximately half of all Master of Public Health graduates are employed within the health sector, with others finding opportunities within education, government and services sectors.
Managerial, analytical and program-/project-based roles are common destinations for Master of Public Health graduates. For many health practitioners, particularly medical practitioners or registered nurses, an Master of Public Health degree expands their career opportunities within their existing field (eg different roles or modes of practice).
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have:
- a Bachelor degree (or higher) or equivalent;
- successfully completed a Graduate Diploma in Public Health;
- A grade point average of 4.2 on the ACU 7 point scale in a Bachelor degree; or
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in health (or related field), including Honours or other postgraduate studies in health;
- Suitable practical experience in public health, global health or humanitarian assistance to the satisfaction of the course coordinator.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands)
- Course Code: 089309K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Educational Leadership at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)