Graduate Diploma in Sports Media
The Graduate Diploma in Sports Media equips students with the skills, techniques and knowledge to build careers across multiple areas of sports management, administration, journalism and communication.
The course draws from the disciplines of journalism, public relations and business to deliver invaluable learning experiences in media management, sports administration and marketing, audience development, and reporting and editing across text, video and audio.
UTS's unique arrangement with the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust delivers a range of opportunities for students across sporting codes, adding an in-house, hands-on element to every aspect of the course. Students are behind the scenes and in front of the action.
The course is delivered by teachers from UTS's School of Communication and School of Business along with leading industry practitioners. The emphasis is on delivering both practical and reflective learning opportunities, so that graduates are doers and thinkers, and possess both practical and strategic skills.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include reporter, producer, presenter and editor across all forms of sport media and sporting bodies, agencies and related private and public organisations.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognized bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates the potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants who have not completed a bachelor's, master's, graduate diploma or graduate certificate qualification in any field of study (or overseas equivalent) must provide:
- a personal statement (approximately 500 words) explaining why they wish to study the course, and
- a CV, which should include details of paid and voluntary work or other experiences (eg special interest groups) that could be relevant to the course.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 092502E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate in Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Social and Service Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Animation and Visualisation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice and Industry at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice and Industry at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)