Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
Become an in-demand early-childhood educator, equipped with effective skills and practical experience, with a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education from VU.
In our early-childhood degree you'll participate in units focused on children from birth to five years. You'll come to understand how early-childhood and kindergarten teaching can include children and families as contributors to the learning process.
You'll graduate with expertise built on a strong sense of social justice, learnt through hands-on experience and critical perspectives on theory.
Gain insight into the early years by studying these fascinating areas:
- child development
- teaching practice that includes Aboriginal perspectives
- education and curriculum studies focused on relationships and meaning
- advocacy and activism in early-childhood settings
- history and philosophy of early childhood
- ethical early-childhood professional practice
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Childcare job openings are expecting massive growth, with the number of qualified early-childhood teachers required at long-day-care centres to double in 2020.
Thanks to the essential experience you’ll get from working in childcare and teaching in kindergartens during your placement, you’ll be work-ready before you even graduate.
Typically, our students find work in kindergartens and childcare centres, in jobs such as:
- kindergarten teacher
- early childhood educator.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 096869G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A