BA Film & Television W600
Full Time: 3 Years
With our BA Film & Television course, pursue your passion for films with leading academics and visiting practitioners, and have the chance to apply what you learn through practical filmmaking.
Here at the University of Reading, you will blend practical work with the theoretical study of film from the late nineteenth century to the modern day, including world cinema, avant-garde and experimental filmmaking. You will also explore the cinema of classical and contemporary Hollywood, together with new forms of digital entertainment and video art.
Alongside this, you can investigate television from its origins in the mid-twentieth century to contemporary engagements with new media and digital platforms, from soap opera to sitcom to sci-fi, exploring questions of authorship, genre and audience.
The focus is on your development into a critically informed filmmaker. You will gain academic knowledge and practical skills, with opportunities to collaborate on films and television programmes in the final two years. In addition to learning the histories and meanings of film, you will receive technical training in a range of creative techniques, such as editing, sound and lighting design, and television studio production.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Select Reading as your firm choice on UCAS and we will guarantee you a place if you achieve one grade lower than the published offer.
All suitable applicants will be interviewed.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BA War, Peace and International Relations with a Placement Year L253 at University of Reading
- BA War, Peace and International Relations L252 at University of Reading
- BA Ethics, Value and Philosophy V590 at University of Reading
- BSc International Development with a Placement Year L901 at University of Reading
- BSc INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT L900 at University of Reading
- BA ARCHAEOLOGY AND HISTORY VV14 at University of Reading