Graduate Diploma in Construction Management
Construction management is one of the most rapidly expanding sectors of specialisation in Australia. Construction management specialists have very good job prospects in both construction and infrastructure work areas. The particular mix of skills offered in this degree combine traditional project management frameworks along with specialised preparation in technological advancements and human factors that are a requirement for successful managers in the construction industry.
The course aims to provide graduates with management skills relevant to the operation of construction projects. The course utilises concepts associated with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) as applied in the construction context. Key areas of construction management are covered in the course including: construction technology and regulations; time, cost and quality management; risk; professional ethics; industrial relations; communication; and contract administration. Student learning establishes underpinning construction management theory that is strongly supported by best practice case studies delivered by leading academics and practitioners, giving students access to relevant, real-world expertise that reflects the realities of today's construction sector. Through the use of digital technologies students receive hands-on experience with real-world estimating, programming and building information modelling (BIM) platforms. Students gain further knowledge in contracts administration, integrated project delivery, and communication and stakeholder management with the option to build specialist knowledge in a chosen elective subject.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course is aimed primarily at career changers, in particular those from other built environment industries interested in expanding their portfolio of skills. Career options include a range of management roles related to the construction sector, such as project, construction, design, environmental, site, contract or facility management; construction economics; quantity surveying; construction programming, cost engineering, estimating or property development.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants who have completed the UTS Graduate Certificate in Construction Management with a credit average or above are eligible to apply. In addition to the above qualifications, applicants also need to satisfy a minimum of one year's relevant work experience.
- Applicants who do not satisfy the academic requirements may be considered on the ability to demonstrate equivalency through a minimum of five years' relevant work experience.
All applicants need to provide:
- a CV clearly articulating construction management experience, and
- a personal statement (max. 300 words) explaining the reasons for wanting to study construction management and demonstrating an understanding of basic construction management concepts gained from work experience and knowledge of course expectations. If applicable, detail should be provided about general or professional qualifications that demonstrate potential to pursue graduate studies.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 098505J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Engineering Management at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Technology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Landscape Architecture at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Technology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)