Bachelor of Human Nutrition
Contribute to a more equitable world through better food production and supply, with a Bachelor of Human Nutrition.
This health-focused degree gives you a solid foundation in nutrition, food science, and related science subjects.
You'll progress to more targeted study, choosing a specialisation in your third year from the following:
- Food Science (major)
- Food Service (major)
- Biomedical Nutrition (minor)
- Public Health Nutrition (minor)
- Analytical Chemistry (minor).
You'll graduate ready for nutrition-related work in healthcare institutions, the public-health sector, aid programs, or food production and services.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
CAREERS IN HUMAN NUTRITION
Career options are diverse and dependent on your specialisation. Each fills an industry demand for qualified specialists in their area.
CAREERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITION
Our Public Health Nutrition (minor) focuses on:
- government programs
- humanitarian assistance
- international development work.
CAREERS IN FOOD SERVICE
Graduates from the Food Service major will be uniquely prepared for work in food service systems. These systems are found in public and private hospitals, aged care and other institutional facilities.
Aim for one of the following roles:
- diet monitor, in hospitals and aged care residences
- food service assistant
- supervisor of meal systems and staff in institutional kitchens
- supervisor in community services such as Meals on Wheels.
CAREERS IN FOOD SCIENCE
A Food Science major prepares you to work with your knowledge of food safety, food quality or product development.
Organisations employing food scientists include:
- food-processing industries
- education and research institutes
- government food laboratories
- food wholesale and retail industries
- food safety and regulation bodies
- product marketing
- food quality assurance.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- A study score of at least 20 in one of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Health & Human Development, Mathematics (any) or Physical Education.
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 096482E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Cyber Security at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University