Bachelors of Business Management / Communication
Prepare yourself for a career as a business leader in the contemporary information society and economy.
This dual program provides you with a comprehensive basis for a career as a business leader and equips you with the skills and self-confidence to effectively manage a wide range of competitive business environments.
During your studies, you'll hear from industry guest lecturers, examine real-life case studies and undertake projects, placements and internships with leading businesses. With courses developed in close collaboration with UQ industry partners, you'll study topics including accounting, economics, law, marketing, business information systems and strategy.
Your grounding in business fundamentals will be complemented by studies in communication, which will prepare you for exciting roles at the centre of contemporary information society and economy. You'll develop skills in a number of areas: visual, written, multimedia, spoken and interpersonal communication and through researching and exploring communications.
This program opens up a wide range of career opportunities in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Many of our alumni work in leadership positions across a huge range of industries.
- Place yourself at the centre of the contemporary information society and economy with advanced communications and business management skills.
- Join one of the world's top business schools and learn from award-winning research and industry experts.
- Get industry experience through initiatives including executive shadowing and individual placements.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Business Economics
- Business Information Systems
- Digital Media
- Human Resources
- International Business
- Public Relations
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Communications manager
- Public relations account manager
- Social media strategist
- Marketing officer
- Business development specialist
- Human resources officer
- Advertising specialist
- International business executive
- Business analyst
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 089657A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce MAJOR Finance at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Arts at The University of Queensland