Sports Science, Ph.D.
Location- Bay Campus
Sport and Exercise Science research at Swansea University takes place in the Applied Sports, Technology, Exercise and Medicine (A-STEM) research centre.
Research activity in Sport and Exercise Science is in three main areas:
- Elite Sports Performance
- Exercise Medicine and Health
- Sports Ethics, Integrity and Governance
With our flourishing research environment Swansea University provides an excellent base for your research as a PhD or MPhil student in Sports Science. Recent PhD's include:
- The use of ischemic preconditioning as a strategy for preconditioning, training and recovery within elite sport performance
- Development and evaluation of a support programme for parents of elite youth athletes
- Novel methods of conceptualising and measuring physical activity in children using 3D printing
- Investigating the Measurement of Physical Activity and its Impact on Quality of Life in Youth with Cystic Fibrosis
- Theories of justice and fair play in tennis
- Optimising motivation for exercise based video games: A needs based perspective
- Examination of the prevalence of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes risk in a workplace-based setting
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for DProf must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University).
- Bachelor: 60%; or
- CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or
- CGPA 6 (7 point system); or
- CGPA 3 (4 point system)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A