Critical American Studies MA
Critical, theoretical, interdisciplinary and engaging – our new MA represents what Sussex is all about.
As part of the Sussex Centre for American Studies, you’ll learn from passionate academics with a range of critical perspectives. Their research interests span fiction, poetry, race, politics and the environment. You have the opportunity to explore topics such as:
- American thinking and philosophy
- modernity and activism
- the great American novel
- transatlantic Romanticism.
The course offers stimulating seminars, hands-on research and access to digital resources not available outside the US.
We have a world-class archive on our doorstep in The Keep. Here you can access African-American newspapers, mainstream and alternative print media, protest movement history and the New Masses collection. You’ll develop a rich understanding of North America in the context of both its history and its current position as a global superpower in a state of flux.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music and Sonic Media MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Media Studies MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex