Environmental Sustainability MSc
Ensuring the environmental sustainability of society is one of the most significant challenges facing humanity in the 21st century.
- How can the needs of the world’s growing population be met without threatening the ecological processes that support human well-being?
- How can economy and energy systems be restructured to combat climate change?
- What policies foster sustainability?
- How can the necessary changes in the behaviour of organisations and individuals be promoted?
With the MSc Environmental Sustainability, you can explore these questions and other significant challenges affecting our world today, and in the future.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The MSc Environmental Sustainability will prepare you for a wide range of roles within:
- environmental consultancy
- national and local government
- non-government organisations (NGOs)
- non-profit organisations
- environmental agencies
education or research at community, national or international levels
You can apply critical thinking, policy analysis and interdisciplinary environmental skills in sectors as diverse as transport, renewable energy, ecosystem planning and management, community development, technology innovation and beyond.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a biological, environmental or physical science, geography, social science or other relevant subject. Due to the focus of this programme, business-related degrees are not suitable for entry.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh