Translational Neuroscience PhD
We are looking to recruit outstanding postgraduate candidates to join our prestigious Wellcome Trust four-year PhD programme in Translational Neuroscience. This is a prestigious, and innovative, research PhD programme that addresses a current global need in the translation of fundamental neuroscience research into the clinic. By 'Training to Translate' it focuses on the advancement of knowledge, expertise and skills in clinical translation and will draw on unique Edinburgh research strengths in diseases across the life-course to achieve this goal. This programme is run by the University of Edinburgh and funded by the Wellcome Trust.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
If you have a medical degree you are not eligible to apply unless you are no longer clinically active.
Minimum academic requirements
For entry to the Ph.D. program, applicants must meet the following minimum academic qualifications.
A postgraduate master's degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas showing evidence of above-average academic achievement. This includes:
a degree classification with a mark of 65% or more overall (University of Edinburgh level, or overseas equivalent)
normally a masters dissertation at the distinction level (University of Edinburgh level, or overseas equivalent) in accounting, finance, or related disciplines
Degrees in quantitative disciplines (e.g. economics or mathematics) or business studies will be considered if you can demonstrate a strong background in accounting and finance throughout your degree.
Applications may be accepted from those still currently studying for a master's degree; however, any offer will be conditional on the successful completion of the degree at the required standard.
Applicants with significant industry experience in the accounting sector, or with relevant professional qualifications will be given due consideration on a case-by-case basis. However, these applicants must also have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related discipline.
English language tests
We accept the following English language qualifications at the grades specified:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): total 7.0 (at least 6.0 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT (including Special Home Edition): total 100 (at least 20 in each module). We do not accept TOEFL MyBest Score to meet our English language requirements.
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 169 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Your English language qualification must be no more than three and a half years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study, unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL or Trinity ISE, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Wind and Marine Energy Systems and Structures PhD with Integrated Study at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Natural Language Processing PhD with Integrated Study at The University of Edinburgh
- Surgery PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Stem Cell Research PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Statistics PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport, Physical Education and Health Sciences PhD at The University of Edinburgh