Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing
This programme provides registered nurses with the opportunity to extend their clinical knowledge and skills in a specific area of practice including the Registered nurse prescribing in primary health and specialty teams. It is delivered through a combination of block courses and online. A candidate may take up to four years to complete the Postgraduate Diploma.
The programme consists of four modules:
- two core modules and
- two practise modules covering a range of advanced speciality practice areas.
After successfully completing any two postgraduate nursing modules students may choose to exit with a Postgraduate Certificate in Nursing. They ?can then return to comple?te the Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing at a later date provided this is within four years of their first enrolment in the Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing.
Registered Nurse Prescribing pathway
Wintec offers prescribing practicums for nurses who want to become registered nurse prescribers’ in primary health and specialty teams.
The programme is in response to the recently introduced regulation that allows suitably qualified nurses working in collaborative teams to prescribe from a restricted list of medications for people with common and long-term conditions. The Wintec Postgraduate Diploma of Nursing – Registered Nurse Pathway is specifically for nurses who have at least three years’ experience and are looking to become a registered nurse prescriber. The programme, which will take two years (part-time) to complete, requires the study of pathophysiology, pharmacology, assessment, clinical reasoning and long-term and related conditions, prior to undertaking a supervised prescribing practicum of 150 hours.
Hamilton City Campus or Tauranga
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Certificate in Midwifery at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Sport and Exercise Science at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Supervision at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health and Social Practice at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Graduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)