Bachelor of Building Design
Develop an independent and creative approach to building design and learn about the cultural, social, technical and sustainable issues that are associated with the built environment.
As a student in the new Bachelor of Building Design, you’ll use innovative processes and practices of an architectural design studio to solve problems creatively, and determine solutions for a better future. Modern computer labs, design studios, site visits and interaction with industry practitioners will take you into 'real life' situations with industry briefs.
In this three-year Bachelor of Building Design degree, you will study and develop skills in:
- building design (architectural)
- building legislation and auditing
- building codes
- environmentally sustainable construction techniques and materials
- building services
- professional practice and communication.
These skills will prepare you as a confident and capable building industry professional. You will also take classes alongside students from building design, construction management, building surveying and engineering programs. By studying in multidisciplinary teams in a studio-based learning environment you will work with allied professions in the building industry right from the beginning of your studies.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As key professionals in the building design and construction industry, graduates will work closely with other professional disciplines, industry groups and development authorities.
Graduates will have a wide range of employment opportunities and can work in both the private and public sectors for employers such as architects, building proprietors contractors, developers, engineers, government bodies, consultancy practices and corporations with large building portfolios or be self-employed entrepreneurs.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.?
- Course Code: 096484C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) at Victoria University